Department and Services
PAEDIATRIC & NEONATAL CARE
Children always deserve special care. Our multi-specialty Paediatrics department, along with Neonatology focuses exclusively on medical care of infants and children. While General Paediatrics takes care of children at a holistic level, our sub-specialists have mastered a narrowed field of childcare to give even more focused healthcare solutions.At RR Hospital & Research Centre, we have more paediatric sub specialties under a single roof than any other facility in the region.
· We have a team of specialists to treat neonatal and premature babies. In addition, we also have a well-equipped neonatal ICU.
· Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) caters to the needs of very sick neonatal as well as premature babies.
· We have 2 neonatal warmers and 1 Ventilators to take care of neonates who are in respiratory failure.
· We also have a facility of neonatal transport incubator.
· We prepare total parental nutrition under laminar flow for patients who cannot be fed externally.
We have a team of general paediatricians who take care of your child's health. This includes monitoring your child's growth, identifying under and over nutrition, treatment of routine paediatric illnesses and infections and recommending a super specialist, as and when the need arises.
Paediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery
Chance of having a birth defect of the heart. One or two per thousand births have a half of these defects need some surgical procedure to fix it, in the first year of life. Hence, it is important to do a thorough ultrasound examination of the foetus between 15-20 weeks of pregnancy to detect whether your child has any congenital heart disease.
The paediatricians will advice echocardiography (ultrasound study of the heart) in infants or young children if they have the slightest doubt of heart ailment on clinical examination. Early diagnosis and early treatment can give a near normal life to most children with birth defects of the heart. Surgeries can be conducted for various paediatric heart diseases like Septal Defects, Valve Abnormalities, ToF, Coarctation of Aorta, PDA, etc. Our team includes some of the finest names in Paediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery.
Paediatric Critical Care (ICU)
We have a child friendly set up an ICU which does not scare children.
· Our 4 bedded Paediatric ICU (PICU) contains well equipped rooms with multipara ventilator to closely and continuously monitor the children.
· The PICU looks playful so that the ill child feels fresh and lively - it resembles a room with children's play area and has a large collection of child-safe toys, which the children use in their recovery phase.
· All the nurses in the department have been chosen for their excellent nursing skills, as well as the love and respect they have towards children.